Pages


Friday, September 23, 2011

Seth Said...

I read a great article on the Seth Godin blog today that challenged me to begin my own blog. So, away we go.



After not having traveled internationally on business for 4 years, my company is sending me to Switzerland for the next week. I am part of a two man delegation from my office attending a workshop of our counterparts in Switzerland and Italy. Our goal, reach an agreement on the evolution of our main software development process in which we must align existing disparate terminology and harmonize the various implementations into a unified implementation that can be effective across various cultures. I am one of the key players that will need to bridge the cultural gaps help the team come to agreement. This trip will require me to use my leadership skills which are manifest in a Servant Leadership style, my emotional intelligence to try understand the unvoiced words of my workshop teammates, and my knowledge of cultural nuances of our three very different cultures. My favorite and most challenging aspect of my job is working cross culturally to create solutions to difficult challenges.

It should be a very interesting week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment