Pages


Monday, April 2, 2012

Christmas in April

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahlil Gibran


My second class in my Leadership Training Program is scheduled for tomorrow! My excitement reminds me of when I was a kid anticipating the arrival of Santa Claus and I couldn't sleep. I am very wired tonight. Not because I am not nervous for there is not a nervous bone twitching in my body though it feels as if my entire body is vibrating from an electrical current passing through my nerves. I am wired because I put a lot of preparation hours into my training and I feel it encompasses the leadership concepts which need to be presented to this class.

I am excited because I am giving. I am giving the gift of myself to this initial group of seven blossoming leaders, a group of people eager to learn, eager to grow their leadership skills. I am sharing concepts which took me years to learn, years to understand, years to make manifest in my leadership skills.

I am excited because, I believe, leadership is a sacred trust and, as such, is the duty of every leader to raise the next generation leaders and I have been provided the formal opportunity by my supervisor to share what I learned with theses inexperienced leaders. I am excited because I have been entrusted to help grow the next generation of leaders at my company. The Bible says in Acts 20:35:
It is better to give than it is to receive.
I have found this to be true with my loved ones when I have given them gifts and watched their eyes light up. I am finding this to be true as I am giving the gift of my knowledge to eager minds seeking to grow their leadership abilities. For me, this feels like Christmas in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment