Pages


Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Thousand Impossible Landscapes

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. ~Dr Seuss



I get ideas from blogs from a variety of spaces. Some seem to just pop into my head, supplant the space in my brain that is wandering at random points throughout my day, wandering to destinations planned or unplanned. Some of the topics are expected because my mind is charging through a focused concept and, naturally, a blog idea will grow from the seed. Some topics are complete surprises coming seemingly from a random alignment of energies to which I am blind. Other times, I must set aside time to think about blogging ideas, to find an idea that both captures my imagination and is, at least, mildly entertaining for my audience. I blog every day so the quest for the perfect topic seems to always be close to the surface of my thinking, if not directly at the surface, it is a strong undertow pulling my thoughts far from the shore to a vast ocean of possibilities, or an undertow that creates surface ripples with each ripple momentarily reflecting a glimpse of a thought the way the sun careens off the tips of the waves creating a thousand little suns, a thousand little ideas which, if captured, could be built into something beautiful, built into one of a thousand impossible landscapes. I live for those inspirational moments when my topic is sharp, get excited when the perfect topic drives me to write, love when the creative energy is electric and I can't still my mind until I have a writing device in hand and I enter a state of flow where time stands still, the world around me fades away and the petals of the blog unfold in full bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment