Pages


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Three Trips

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~Saint Augustine


I have three international trips coming up in the next four months. Two of my destinations are familiar while the third is a new country and my first trip to the Mideast.

March will find me back in Switzerland for a week of work. This time I am going with a good size group and will be working with people from India, Italy, and Switzerland. I expect the week to be enjoyable for a am going with a team of people with whom I have a good deal of fun. It is my 2nd most visited country outside the US so I am fairly comfortable getting around despite my inability to speak German.

In May I have an exciting destination. The location was selected by my girlfriend, an avid traveler, that has visited quite a few countries. We will be heading to the Mideast for a visit to Turkey, a land rich with history including the ancient ruins of Ephesus a city mentioned in the Bible. We will walk the same streets as Paul, one of my Biblical heroes so, in some respects, for me, it is a pilgrimage to a holy land. 

The final trip is to Canada. I know what you are all saying. Canada is not really an international trip because Canada borders the US and they speak English pretty much just like we do (except for the French section which want's to be it's own country anyway). Heck, Canada is, really, just USA North.  Well, these days a passport is needed to get back into the US from Canada so it does qualify as a foreign country. I will be there for an entire week with family and friends for the annual fishing trip. A week to relax, laugh, and catching my limit of the voracious Northern Pike and succulent Walleye.

No comments:

Post a Comment