Pages


Friday, February 17, 2012

Sunset Euphoria

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. ~Rabindranath Tagore


For the first time I can recall this year, I drove home from work with my windows open and a mild breeze filtering through the car while the sun still shone, a brilliant tangerine, orange, fire setting sun burning the clouds on the Western horizon. I felt euphoric, infused with euphoria from my toes all the way up to the white hairs at the very crest of my head.

It's the euphoria that rides the wings of spring as it muscles out the bone rattling cold of winter,

the euphoria one feels with the first trembling kiss on the perfect lips of the person you met that is beautiful beyond your wildest fantasies,

the euphoria of falling in love with the person who's very presence sends waves of longing bouncing between your heart and soul increasing in strength with every change of direction building into an energy that threatens to explode like liquid sunshine from your entire being,

the euphoria of knowing that the person of your dreams, the person who you knew was the one from the first time you glanced into silken brown eyes was the only person with whom you wanted to spend eternity, wanted spend eternity with hearts locked in an embrace beating rhythmically told you that you were the one, the one she wanted to dance with into the sunset of your years, dance arm in arm, heart beat in lock step with heart beat with you into eternal sunset euphoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment