Pages


Saturday, July 28, 2012

Transformational

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world.~ Sid Gautama

To date, I have given five of the six Leadership Trainings I am creating for my company. The final training is scheduled for 16 August. I have been enjoying the program immensely, both the creation of content and presenting the material to my class of seven students. Overall, the reviews have been very positive, more positive than I expected considering I have never previously done something of this sort.

As I was leaving work the other day, one of my students was walking out with me and told me that, for him, the class has been transformational. I knew he was enjoying the class but to say it was transformational shocked me as I don't think I have ever had a hand in something that was transformational for another human being.

I simply can't view this as I transformed another human being because I don't believe that is possible just as it is impossible to turn a moth into a butterfly or a fish into frog. I view my role in the transformation as helping him to see the skills and abilities already inside of him. I view my role as helping the butterfly emerge from the chrysalis. Now, going forward, I see my role as encouraging him to spread his leadership wings.


No comments:

Post a Comment