Pages


Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Book: Taking People With You by David Novak

People want to be part of something larger than themselves. They want to be part of something they’re really proud of, that they’ll fight for, sacrifice for, that they trust. ~Howard Schultz



This is a solid book on leadership. It's both information and practical. If I had to summarize the book in one word, I would say that word is Vision.

One of the main teachings I want to share in my upcoming Leadership Training Program is vision setting. I had planned an entire session to be  framed by the concept of casting a vision then leading a team to implement the vision. The ability to articulate a vision and lead a team in the direction of the vision is, in my opinion, one of the key components in moving to a level 3 leader, a leader that takes people on the journey to achievement. Achieving vision is the hallmark of a leader that produces through people.

I would love to share this with my team but, there is one problem. This is a Kindle book and the people I would share this with, the ones at my office that would get benefit from it's content are not Kindle owners. That is the one drawback of ebooks.

I highly recommend this book to anyone in leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment