Pages


Saturday, January 21, 2012

Living The Dream

The act of living the dream is to concentrate and draw the power of the present. ~Scottie Somers

We all have dreams. Little dreams that can be achieved in moments up to life sized dreams, dreams that take an entire life time or more to achieve such as the construction of Il Duomo in Milan which was birthed as the dream of Archbishop Antonio da Saluzzo who started construction in 1386 and was long dead when it was finally completed in 1805 by Napoleon Bonaparte.

Many dreams never come to fruition, never move from the confines of our brain into the openness of life or, if they do, seeing our dream taking form frightens us so we never take it to realization. Some dreams, for whatever reason, we never speak of as if the mere utterance of our dream will shatter it into a million scattered pieces never to be assembled again. Some take so long to manifest that we give up on them, let them fade, allow them to lose the luster that keeps us focused on them when times are dark with our soul.

I don't know why some people are able to sustain their dreams during the storms whipping through their lives while others let them fade at the merest breath of challenge. I don't know why some work hard to make their dreams come true and others sit on the couch just wishing things would be as the hoped.  If it's something I could figure out, could share with people what a wild ride we all would experience.

I have a friend that has an opportuniy to live her dream, an opportunity to take a job near her family, a job in another state in a warmer part of the United States with a side benefit that it is a bike friendly state, a benefit that will allow also her to live her bike riding passion. I am happy for her.

Whenever I see someone achieving their dream, it gives me renewed hope in my dreams, helps me to believe that those dreams I have been clutching tightly for so many years will, one day, be manifest. They help me to believe that, in the not too distant future, I, too, will be living the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment