Pages


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Moments of Truth

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think. ~ Author Unknown 


Over the past few years, I have been on more dates than I can remember. I am an equal opportunity dater. I don't discriminate on the bases of ethnicity. Most dates follow pretty much the same dance; greetings, opening pleasantries, eat or drink, discuss safe topics then parting. During each date, I find, there are moments of truth when you know if you want to see this person again. These moments of truth are frequently associated with what I call deal breakers.

Age is one of my deal breakers. The people I date tend to be middle-aged. I can't date anyone in their 20s because I have daughters and dating someone I could have fathered is gross. To me, it feels lecherous! 30s is also an issue because they tend to want kids. I love my kids but don't want to go through all the pain of raising them again. I would have more if they could be birthed at the age of 18 or so.

The first aspect of a woman I notice is her face. Many of the women I meet for a date I find through a dating service. These services allow for the posting of pictures and I contact women that I find attractive. It's amazing how many of the women I have met that looked nothing like their online presence. Do they really think I would not notice the picture online is from ten years earlier? If they lie to me with their images which I can see, I don't trust them to tell the truth about things I can't see.

Let's say the woman is pretty, of the proper age, a great personality, a good conversationalist and also meets my preferences of being a brunette with a skin tone darker than mine. The latter is generally the case because my skin tone is just slightly darker than fresh fallen snow. All things being equal, I have one more deal breaker that I must knock off my list before the date is over.

I prefer to have dates where a lot of liquid is ingested. This may be at a coffee shop where we talk for a couple of hours over a bottomless cup of coffee or over a dinner where I make sure the woman has ample beverages to consume. Alcohol isn't necessary but it does help along with my discovery process. I have them drink a lot because, I know, at some time during the evening they are going to have to excuse themselves for a trip to the bathroom and that's when I make the final decision on whether I want to see them again.


As they get up and walk to the bathroom, I get a good look at their butt. Some guys are boob guys and some are leg guys and some guys are content with a warm body. I happen to be a butt guy. I like a nice curvy butt, one that fills the jeans, perhaps, even stretches the jeans. Flat ones just don't do it for me. A flat butt means I don't want a second date. For me, a great butt is a moment of truth in my dating life.

2 comments:

  1. I like a guy with a six pack, where one can count the cans. If their middle aged butt is not round, it's over. Who cares about their Nobel prize, with a flat butt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! I think a Nobel prize winner receives about $1.4 million. I could live with a flat butt if it came with that kind of money. Who knows, maybe should could purchase some butt implants too.

    ReplyDelete