Pages


Thursday, October 27, 2011

One Month Down...Eleven To Go.....

If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don't write, because our culture has no use for it. ~Anais Nin


Just over a month ago, I took up a challenge by Seth Godin to write a daily blog. At first, I was worried that I would not have something to write every day. Or, if I wrote every day that my writing would be worthy of someone's, anyone's time. I have found over the past month that a lack of topics is not an issue. On the contrary, I have dreamed up more topics that I want to explore through writing than I have the time to write. I keep these topics in a notebook which I use to capture topics as they bubble to the surface of my consciousness. I find myself looking forward to writing every day. My only regret is that, after I spill my thoughts onto paper, an alphabet soup of fragmented phrases and incoherent ideas and drivel, I lack sufficient time to artfully arrange them into a kaleidoscope of sentences that make sense, entertain, and instigate thought. Luckily, I have 11 more months of writing to achieve my personal goal of a blog a day for 365 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment