Pages


Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Bird Has Landed

Visits always give pleasure - if not the arrival, the departure. ~Portuguese Proverb quotes


Arrived in Switzerland during the late morning Swiss time. The flight was uneventful, for the most part. For some reason, smelling the food made me feel nauseous. I was very glad when they took my tray away, which was left untouched except for the tapioca pudding, and I was able to fall asleep.

Upon waking, I was groggy and was experiencing some difficulty with both balance and distance vision. I have never had this happen to me while fly which I normally am able to do with nothing worse than a feeling of fatigue. Today, I felt nauseous. The nausea culminated with me vomiting in the airport. I felt some relief in my stomach but still was not feeling good. At the hotel, I immediately took a nap.

The 6 of us on this trip met for an early dinner. We walked around the city of Zug finding most of the establishments were either closed or not yet open for dinner fare. This lack of availability on Sunday's is one aspect I have trouble with in Switzerland. I am used to being able to go to a restaurant or a store almost any time of any day.

Our walk took us to old town Zug then back to the newer portion, to a restaurant called Cha Cha in the Metalli mall for a meal that lasted, in typical Swiss fashion, for 2.5 hours. I was good to finally be able to put some food down and, so far, keep it down. Tonight will be an early night for, tomorrow, the meetings begin in earnest. I hope my stomach has settled by then otherwise it will be a loooonnnggg week.

No comments:

Post a Comment