Pages


Thursday, March 15, 2012

Brain Dead

I have become comfortably numb. ~Pink Floyd quotes


There comes a time after four solid days of meetings, that the brain seems to go numb, that one feels brain dead because concentration, when achieved, can only focus on trying to keep ones eyes open without ever putting attention on the words from the speaker.

I don't descend to this level of numbness very often but, when it does, I am pretty not going to absorb any of what is being shared. I hit that point this afternoon. Try as I might, I could not focus. I bought tea. I stood up. I took breaks. All served only to give a few moments of concentration before I would catch myself head down and eyes closed. I wasn't snoring, at least I hope I wasn't snoring, I really have no way to tell.

What to do? The part of the meetings that were scheduled for the latter half of the afternoon had little to nothing to do with me so I packed up and left, left for my hotel room where I could get to work on something I need to do for work, something that captures my attention and keeps me focused for hours on end. I will be comfortable for the next few hours as I work on my Leadership presentation. Hopefully, I won't be so comfortable as to return to the state I descended to at the meetings, I won't become comfortably numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment