Pages


Friday, March 2, 2012

One Down Five To Go

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~Seneca quotes


My first Leadership Training Class is over. The many hours of preparation paid off as the class, for the most part, flowed very well. There were a couple of sections that need minor realignment to remove some bumps but, overall, the sequence in which I presented the concepts seemed to address the needs of the students.

 I have enjoyed the preparing my training class so much that hours seemed to pass in seconds, long hours became the norm for my workday. During these extended hours, I neglected taking appropriate care of my body. Exercise has fallen by the wayside as has getting ample rest. The result is that I let myself get run down and a virus hit, a virus that has now been plaguing me for five days. My throat has been raw and eating has felt like I am swallowing tiny little sea urchins, felt like thousands of little razor blades slicing my throat with every swallow of food. After class, when I got home, I crawled into bed, crawled beneath the covers for a short rest.

As the class was parting for the day, a couple of the students were very complementary. I was told by one that he normally falls asleep half an hour into the meeting. This class was so interesting that he was captivated the entire three hours. Another told me this class is filling a much needed void in the company and that he is looking forward to future classes.

So, the class has started off with a bang but the bang is just a start. I have a laurel but not enough to complete a laurel wreath as worn by the ancient victors of the Olympic games. I don't believe in resting on my laurels so, after this weekend, the long hours will resume as I work on the remaining five classes. Luckily, this is not a job, it's a labor of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment